Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of School



Well, today was Collin's first day of school. Collin, Nate and I loaded up in the car this morning and got to school a bit early. Collin kept trying to get into the classroom before the teacher could even get his name tag on. Off he went and did not even look back at us. I was the one having trouble leaving, but of course we did. All morning I was wondering how he was doing and figured he was having fun. I was worried he would cry when I came to pick him up because he would not want to leave. When I got there to pick him up there was commotion with all the parents getting there kids and their stuff. I was trying to peek in the classroom to see where Collin was....and then I spotted him.... On his nap mat sound asleep. All the lights were on and kids and parents were everywhere and he was wiped out from his first day. I am so sad I did not bring my camera. His teacher had to help me try and wake him since I was not able to carry him to the car because I had Nate with me. Once we got home he was able to tell me a few things about his day. It sounds like he had a lot of fun. He did tell me he "took things away from the girls" and he was "the last one to finish his lunch" and he "fell on the basketball floor." I think this is going to be a fun year for him!

1 comment:

mildred said...

Hey,
School is so tiring. He is going to be just fine. This is a first.
GOD BLESS HIM!
Love Ruth